About MPEDA :
Marine Products Export Development Authority
The Marine Products Export Development Authority (MPEDA) is a statutory body under Ministry of Commerce and Industrial,Goverment of India.MPEDA was set up in 1972 under an Act of Parliament by Government of India is responsible for the promotion of export of marine products from India. The major functions of MPEDA are the following:
- Development, conservation and management of offshore and deep-sea fishing.
- Promotion of eco-friendly and sustainable aquaculture.
- Registration of exporters and processing plants, fishing vessels and regulation of marine exports.
- Laying down standards, specifications and implementation of quality control measures for meeting EU/HACCP norms.
- Rendering technical/financial assistance for promotion of value added marine products.
- Providing market intelligence and promoting export through participation in International fairs/organizing buyer-seller meets.
- Imparting training in different aspects of procuring, processing, marketing and exporting of marine products.